This course is great for beginner and advanced player. Two set of tee boxes provides younger players the ability to throw
some "pars" while the "big arms" get a workout as well.
Nice mix of open and technical shots as well as a few "mile long" holes. Number 18 will test your arm and the basket sits near the lake.
I recommend playing this course!
This is one of our local courses that we play a couple of times a month. We always play from the long tees and it's the longest course in the central Iowa area. This was one of the courses used in the Worlds a few years ago.
Aside from being a LONG course, it has some great elevation changes, some wooded areas, and the pins are usually at least partially protected. While most could call it a "grip it and rip it" course, it's much more than that. You will use every shot in your bag as you work this course. If you place your disc well, you get rewarded, and if you don't, it's not always quick and easy to get out.
The only real cons on this course is that it doesn't always drain real well, and if it's rained recently, you will find wet areas in places you wouldn't think it would. The other negative is that the rough is very unforgiving. It is deep, tall Iowa field grass that swallows discs pretty easily. There really aren't many tight holes, but that rough is very rough.
Fun course. Well laid out. Each hole has it's own challenges. If you are in the DSM area, it's definately worth driving 15 miles south and playing this course. Definately a world class course!
Courses Close By
- Indianola Middle School, Indianola IA USNo votes yet
- Windflower Park Disc Golf Course, Norwalk IA USNo votes yet
- Ewing Park, Des Moines IA US(1 vote)
- Pete Crivaro Park, Des Moines IA USNo votes yet
- Grandview Park, Des Moines IA USNo votes yet
- Southwoods Park, Des Moines IA US(1 vote)
- Lions Park, Des Moines (Altoona) IA USNo votes yet
- Prairie City Park, Prairie City IA USNo votes yet
- City Park, Mitchellville IA USNo votes yet
- Interstate Battery Disc Golf Course, Urbandale IA USNo votes yet