Ohio Northern University
Good course on a cool , small campus not that difficult to play. I like the way it flows and hole 2 thru 5 are beautiful with pond and high grasses. I like playing this course!
The ONU course was the first course I ever played, it is a difficult course with many different challenges. The course goes all throughout the back of campus and is well spread out. It is a bit difficult to find your next hole so be sure to get a score card (they are online at the ONU website because you cant count on their being one at the first hole). This Course has pro and amateur tees at every hole so its good for most all skill levels.Its biggest drawback is the wind, it is a very windy campus and gets to be (dare I say) unplayable. On a Calm day I would give it 5 chains just because it is so well designed. There is a lot of water that comes into play and that makes for some interesting rounds, so get a dragon (I have 2 lol) you will be happy you did.
(1-2) - Fairly strait forward. (no pun intended)
(3) - Par 4 dogleg left pro tee goes over a retention pond so if it has rained be careful.
(5) - OB to the right and a lake off to the right. Reliantly strait par 4 so try to keep your flight pattern low.
(6) - Beginners should probably skip #6. and unless you are in a tournament pros should use the amateur tee because there it a lake that is hard to miss. I've lost a couple in the lake and even getting a dragon back is a task.
(7) Its in the line of trees
(8-9) - Goes around a pile of dirt and sticks used by the grounds keepers. this pile went in after the course and basically makes 8's pro tee unplayable
(10) - Goes to the fields so be aware of the wind
(11) - Dogleg to the left. The pro tee is a very difficult shot.
(12) - This is a par 4 and another one that will be rough on beginners because of a lake. Also it is a very long hole from the Pro tee and with the lake, makes it extremely difficult to par.
(13) - I believe it is marked incorrectly it is a par 2 and should be a par 3 also they put up statuses 2 years ago and now they are right in the way of the tees especially the pro tee.
(14-15) - Go through the woods, fun.
(16) - Pro tee goes over the water, with water all to the right.
(17) - Difficult drive from the Pro because of the lake need a lot of left turn.
(18) - easy up don't go to far to the right.
This is a wonderful course. ONU has a beautiful campus, and their 18 holes takes you through a variety of terrain. Holes are clearly labeled, due to the on-campus disc golf club, no doubt. Beware: if you are a novice, you WILL lose discs in the water (I have lost 2), so do yourself a favor and get an Innova Dragon distance driver (it floats!). Also, this course could prove to be difficult and frustrating for the novice golfer.
Courses Close By
- Ottawa Park @ Lima, Lima OH US
- Fort Shawnee DG Course, Fort Shawnee OH US
- Firestine Park, Findlay OH US
- Ottawa Memorial Park DGC, Ottawa OH US
- Riverbend Disc Golf Trail, Findlay OH US
- Van Buren State Park DGC, Van Buren OH US
- Mary Rutan DGC, Bellefontaine OH US
- Upper Sandusky Reservoir DGC, Upper Sandusky OH US
- Grand Miami Disc Golf Course, St. Marys OH US
- The Sanatorium @ Sawyer Ludwig Park, Marion OH US