this could be a very nice course, but it isnt maintained. i saw some players who got fed up, and begun to maintain the course them selves. i cant blame them. the course floods out when it rains, and the water goes no were. the last time i was there, tee #3 was completly under water, and a big area was flooded out changing the nature of a coupkle holes. nevertheless, this course is very challenging, and is worth playing even with its current problems. the lay out is hilly, flat, and wooded. there are some very long and hard holes. i give this course an 8.5 out of 10 rating for toughness. it is worth playing.
Oakwood could be a nice course, but it is very poorly maintained and laid out. If there has even been a little bit of rain the course will flood in several places, making some holes unplayable. There are also some fallen trees in the way on some holes that have been there for quite some time, it seems that the city has no plans to remove them. In addition, most of the open field doesn’t even have fairways mowed out, so be prepared to hunt for your disk if you don’t remember exactly where it lands. There are also some other minor issues that can be summed up by saying: this course is poorly/not maintained!
All in all Oakwood could be a nice course if
• proper drainage was installed
• dead trees moved out of way
• fairways mowed in
• The course received general maintenance
Oakwood is a semi-challenging course with most of its challenges in the heavy woods. Easy to navigate around with the exception of #8 and #12 Tees in which you have to turn around to get to. All tee boxes are numbered in neon yellow signs with arrows and yardage posted. Overall it's a nice course to play at.
Courses Close By
- The Valley DGC, Inver Grove Heights MN US
- Inver Hills Community College DGC, Inver Grove Hieghts MN US
- Kaposia Park, South St. Paul MN US
- Garlough Park, West Saint Paul MN US
- Hastings Middle School DGC, Hastings MN US
- Northview Park, Eagan MN US
- C.P. Adams Park, Hastings MN US
- Brockway DGC, Rosemount MN US
- Highland Park, St. Paul MN US
- Fort Snelling, Fort Snelling MN US