If you've been dissuaded from coming here due to the low ratings, you should reconsider. Evidently much has changed with the redesign as this is a well maintained, nicely designed course. A couple holes are really pretty, others a bit forgettable, but on the whole it is really solid and nicely varied.
The signage is excellent now too, so they must have improved this as well.
TM Dyer has done a great job renovating this course. It's now 18 holes and pretty challenging. The first time you play it might be a little confusing, the signage could be better. But, I last played it in May, so it may well have signs by now. Def give it a try and boost these ratings...
Beautiful park with lots of potential.I wouldn't drive 3 hours to play ,but if your in the area give it a try. All it needs are some dedicated players to make it a great course.
If i could, I'd give this course a 1/4 link and that's it.
The course is only 9 holes, and a poorly designed 9 holes at that.
There is so much potential here and it is not being utilized. I think a redistribution of the holes is in order (at the very least), or redesign the course itself and extend it beyond 9 holes.
What I don't understand is why have a hole (hole 3) closed for however long it's been closed for, and not put in a temp basket.
This is the ONLY course in Rhode Island and it wasn't worth it. I wasted 3 hours of driving.
Maybe in the future they'll design it better or expand, but until that day I won't be back.
Courses Close By
- Pomfret Recreation DGC, Pomfret Center CT US
- West Thompson Lake, North Grosvenor Dale CT US
- St. Paul's Collegiate Park DGC, Storrs CT US
- Webster Fish & Game, Webster MA US
- Cross Farms, Tolland CT US
- Normandy Farms Campground, Foxboro MA US
- Hodges Village Dam , Oxford MA US
- Buffumville Lake, Charlton MA US
- Dacey Field Disc Golf, Franklin MA US
- Borderland State Park, Easton MA US