Mound Creek County Park
Fun course with interesting terrain and good signs but can be a lost disc adventure - especially in the summer.
- Very interesting terrain, with lots of rocky outcroppings, trees, and tall grasses to keep you honest.
- Good signage, good parking, and a restroom between the Hole 9 basket and Hole 1 tee.
- Homemade baskets are notorious for letting discs pass right through the chains, and if your disc lands in the basket, several holes have gaps that will allow your disc to fall right out the bottom.
- VERY narrowly-mowed fairways can make finding your tee shots very difficult, particularly during Summer months.
- A bit confusing to play the long/Pro tees, as they are only identified by a post in the ground (and aren't always as well-maintained as the short tees).
Other Thoughts: It is a really fun course to play, but without a spotter, it can be very tough in the Summer months. It also is a course that could easily be so much better, with just a bit more mowing (wider fairways) and better utilization of some of the adjacent land area. Some of the best holes on the course aren't yet holes...but hopefully will/could be, someday.
Absolutely gorgeous park, and course. Older baskets, but they are still in good condition.
From Hwy 71 take Cty Hwy 10 east towards Comfrey for about 1.5-2 miles. There will be sign for Mound Creek Park where you should turn left. The park entrance is on the left.
Courses Close By
- The Links of Springfield, Springfield MN US
- Lawcon Park Disc Golf Course, Mountain Lake MN US
- Mayflower Park Disc Golf Course, Windom MN US
- Upper Plum Creek Park, Walnut Grove MN US
- Memorial Park Disc Golf Course, St. James MN US
- Redwood Falls Disc Golf Course, Redwood Falls MN US
- Nehl's Park, New Ulm MN US
- Watona Park, Madelia MN US
- South Park, New Ulm MN US
- Garvin Park - Lyon County, Garvin MN US