Mesker Park course provides a serious challenge within a quite beautiful location. Easy to reach and easily affordable - read "free" -this course is an excellent stop for disc golfers within or even out of the region. My only beef with this course is that it is not designed for our weekend warriors.
Located on the midwest part of Evansville, this park is easy to find and get started. The facility contains ample parking and but a short walk to the first tee. Mesker Park is majestic, filled with mature trees and plenty of foilage for being in the midst of a city. The course upkeep is phenomenal and I commend all those who have helped keep it in such good shape. Frequent elevation changes and varying distances had me working all kinds of shots just to keep up. My personal favorite basket is #9 a dogleg left through some beautiful trees and over a cobblestone bridge - ya, a 40 foot cobblestone bridge.
That leaves what I dislike about the course. Understand that I appreciate a good challenge and this course delivers; my only issue is that I can't seem to walk away from this course with a satisfying score. Yeah, I see where novices and liesure players can shoot from an optional, closer tee, but those who are not proffessionals are going to be a lot more frustrated than your average disc course. My scorecard suggests that the entire course stands at par threes, and yet with the large distances, spacious out of bounds areas, and an 'island hole' with a staggering 200ft+ front edge, I find myself cursing at my score nearly after every visit.
My overall opinion though is that this course is a must-try if not a new regional favorite. Beautiful and epic, Mesker Park course will put even veterens to the test. I do like a challenge and this course beckons to be mastered, though I fear I am a long ways away.
Very challenging course with lots of elevation change. Tight OB's and lots of trees. Even a cool island type shot with a park road. Watch out for mando's and the zoo fence that borders some of the holes. I personally think that it is one of Indianas best courses!
Courses Close By
- Eagle Valley at USI, Evansville IN USNo votes yet
- Woodmere Disc Golf Course, Evansville IN USNo votes yet
- Atkinson Park Disc Golf Course, Henderson KY US(1 vote)
- Panther Creek Park, Owensboro KY USNo votes yet
- Yellow Creek Park, Owensboro KY US(1 vote)
- Myer Creek Disc Golf Course - Yellow, Calhoun KY USNo votes yet
- Prides Creek Park Disc Golf Course, Petersburg IN US(1 vote)
- Lion's Club Disc Golf Course, Island KY USNo votes yet
- Vastwood Park, Hawesville KY USNo votes yet
- Dubois County Park Disc Golf Course, Huntingburg IN US(1 vote)