McCowin Park Disc Golf Course
In a word, this course is short. Located in a small but well-kept city park, the course is squeezed in on all sides by tennis courts, walking trails, playgrounds, a pavilion, and a community swimming pool.
The design of the course is actually quite good given the space limitations. Though you'll be keeping your drivers in the bag (except perhaps on hole 3), you will have to make a variety of hyzer and anhyzer shots over hedges, around trees, and even into an interesting and creative man-made "crater" obstacle.
The course is easy to navigate and boasts some attractive signage (each hole has a name--a nice touch) and excellent tee boxes. The baskets are of good quality and are in good condition (except for basket 9, which was damaged but not unusable as of June 2012).
The park is very well maintained and inviting--a nice setting for a quick and entertaining (if not all that engaging) round.
The course is very short and really not all that challenging. It is great for a quick practice round or to work on short game, but it doesn't require much more than pitching a putter up to the basket (sometimes bending it left, sometimes right), making or missing your birdie putt, and then moving on to do it again.
Play it if you are in the area and want a quick round. If you've got time for a real round, head over to Idaho Falls to play Freeman Park.
Courses Close By
- Woodland Hills, Ammon ID US(1 vote)
- Freeman Park Disc Golf Course, Idaho Falls ID US(2 votes)
- North Bingham County Park, Shelley ID USNo votes yet
- Blackfoot Disc Golf Course, Blackfoot ID US(1 vote)
- Sister City Disc Golf Course, Pocatello ID US(2 votes)
- Teton Valley Disc Golf Course, Driggs ID US(1 vote)
- Bengal Ridge at ISU, Pocatello ID US(4 votes)
- Upper Ross Park, Pocatello ID US(2 votes)
- Grand Targhee Resort, Alta WY USNo votes yet
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Disc Golf Course, Jackson Hole WY US(1 vote)