This course is rugged and in an area that is far from park like. This course could use some more risk vs. reward along with some more left and right variety. This course is just about always straight away off the tee. There is little in the way of trees or brush except where a deep creek runs through the course. It follows the creek on its way out and back again. This provides some risk in that discs in the creek can easily be unplayable or lost. Unfortunately it plays out with the creek on your left and back with the creek on your left. This gets repetitive and was not my favorite aspect of the course layout. It also lacks flow so it can be difficult to find your way from basket to tee. Without any vegetation it is not possible to follow paths to the next tee either. With the lack of signs you will really want a map for this course. Luckily there is a good one on the local club web site. The directions call for turning into the course at the end Legends Dr. this does not mean turn on this street but to turn into the vacant lot where Legends Dr. ends. Turn into the dirt lot, no road, and look for the concrete pad that is the first tee. Along with no signs there are no facilities so bring your own water and TP.
With all of that said I really did enjoy this course. I liked the elevated tees and this is a course for bombing drives. I don’t have the big arm to really challenge this course but pars are generally within reach even for me. There are some really excellent basket placements. The area is not shared by any other user so it is only disc golfers. I would play this course again and recommend to other players if they were not beginners. It is worth the opportunity to play a unique course such as this one.
Very difficult course, that has many chances to lose your disc. However, it is designed for many diverse shots and has some nice views. Wear your boots as it goes up and down lots of hills.
Courses Close By
- Westlake Park, Grand Junction CO US(2 votes)
- Riverbend Park, Palisade CO US(1 vote)
- Little Salt Wash Park, Fruita CO US(1 vote)
- Fruita Riverfront Park Disc Golf Course, Fruita CO USNo votes yet
- Powderhorn Mountain Resort, Mesa CO USNo votes yet
- Gateway Canyons Resort Disc Golf, Gateway CO USNo votes yet
- Baldridge Park, Montrose CO US(1 vote)
- Stoney Ridge DGC, Silt CO USNo votes yet
- Fire Mountain Disc Golf Course, New Castle CO USNo votes yet
- Old City Park Disc Golf Course, Moab UT US(1 vote)