Malabar Disc Golf
What a joke and waste of time this course is. I came to Florida on vacation to have fun, relax and get some disc golf in. I walked away from Malabar licking my wounds and 3 disc lighter. My legs were all torn up form searching for disc in the bushes. The Course did not make much since you can tell it was designed by an amateur. I am not one to complain of long holes, but these holes are to long for the space they are in. I am not sure of what the deal is here, did they not have enough land? OK then you need to shorten up the holes. And whats with the 2 pad hole, how can 2 sets of foursomes drive during tournament play. Ridiculous! designer needs to be shot.
Very challenging and fun course. Lots of trees and accuracy is a must. The course caretakers have done a great job of developing this course and their hard work is evident. There are even scorecards with the course map on the back available at the entrance, which is wonderful for folks like me playing the course for the first time. The course is densely populated with palmetto bushes, which are very good at hiding discs. I played with a buddy, and one of us would walk 2/3 of the way to the basket and spot while the other threw from the tee because we got tired of wasting so much time looking for discs that got lost in the palmetto bushes. I don't think I would play this course without a spotter. If you don't know exactly which palmetto bush your disc went into, you might never find it.
Course is shaping up! The three new concrete pads are a big hit. More pads to be put in soon.
Courses Close By
- Flying Crane Mini Disc Golf Course, West Melbourne FL US(1 vote)
- Palm Bay Regional Disc Golf Course, Palm Bay FL USNo votes yet
- Wickham Park, Melbourne FL US(3 votes)
- F. Burton Smith Park, Cocoa FL US(1 vote)
- Muscadine Meadows, Fort Pierce FL USNo votes yet
- St. Lucie Village Heritage Park, Fort Pierce FL USNo votes yet
- Gordy Road, Fort Pierce FL US(4 votes)
- Avalon Park, Orlando FL US(1 vote)
- McCarty Ranch Preserve Disc Golf Course, Port St. Lucie FL USNo votes yet
- 65th Infantry Veterans Disc Golf Course, Kissimmee FL USNo votes yet