Low Gap Park
My home course, so expect a biased opinion :)
This is one of the oldest courses in the country, established in 1982, and unchanged since it's conception. Located in a county park, the terrain is wooded through most of the course but a few holes are wide open.
Course is well established with heavy usage, so no trailblazing here.
Many challenging tunnel shots, along with uphill and downhill runs- course elevation ranges a few hundred feet from top to bottom.
Awesome local disc golf community with many regular players who would be happy to show newcomers the course.
Regular doubles tourney every Saturday at 10:00am.
Other than no water hazard, many consider it to be the perfect course in respects to degrees of difficulty.
Ancient DGA Mach 2 baskets (as we put it- 80's baskets with gangsta nipples :)
25+ years of use has been hard on the tees and tee signs- many signs are missing and some of the tees have eroded underneath creating an uphill surface to drive from.
Only restroom available is a port-a potty, however there are many water faucets along the course which is nice.
A new 'dog park' has infiltrated the fairway on hole 18, so watch your discs and make sure you don't hit anyone or let your disc get chewed up.
Courses Close By
- Mendocino College DGC, Ukiah CA US
- Lake Mendocino (South), Ukiah CA US
- Lake Mendocino (North), Ukiah CA US
- Anderson Valley Brewing Company, Boonville CA US
- KOA Campground, Willits CA US
- Highland Springs Reservoir, Lakeport CA US
- Manchester KOA, Manchester CA US
- Mendocino High School, Mendocino CA US
- Lake Sonoma, Geyserville CA US
- Westport Disc Golf Course, Westport CA US