Lancer Park Disc Golf
just started playing disc golf not to long ago and was pumped to find one near by! then to my great disappointment i think they took this course down did not see one hole.
Overgrown with brambles and poison ivy in a swampy area. Tough to put a nice course in if the area that you have to work with is difficult to maintain and just is not that great to begin with.
In comparison to other parks lancer park is mediocre. Currently (as of 2/2/2012) there is construction going on at the start of the course, and I'm pretty sure they removed hole number one because of it. The course itself is very open, it rests on a flood plane right next to a river. It is not very challenging course, and there are few obstacles. However, be very cautious there are thick patches of thorns everywhere, and the river is right next to hole number 8.
Pros: It's very peaceful and calm course. Not alot of people know about so I'm always the only one playing it, it's almost like it's my own private course. Easily accessible just go to the end of the parking lot and go around the construction fences and its just down the hill.
Cons: Too many thorns! I almost lost a disc in a sea of thorns one time. Also look out for the river almost lost in that too. The course is not as challenging as I had hoped
Courses Close By
- Hampden-Sydney College Disc Golf Course, Hampden Sydney VA US
- Elk Creek Disc Golf Course, Appomattox VA US
- The Monster @ Fighting Creek, Powhatan VA US
- Liberty University Disc Golf, Lynchburg VA US
- Walnut Creek Park, North Garden VA US
- Peaks View Park, Lynchburg VA US
- Edmunds Park Disc Golf Course, South Boston VA US
- University of Richmond Disc Golf Course, Richmond VA US
- Goyne Park Disc Golf Course, Chester VA US
- Dunncroft - Castle Point Park, Glen Allen VA US