All in all, a grand golf course. Its assigned par of 66 is balderdash, as any course on which I can score a 59 is NOT a par 66. As with many, if not most Russell courses, there are baskets too close to disc-disappearing water. I used to think that that was a mental illness, but have concluded that it is a shrewd way to get golfers to lose discs, so that they'll have to buy more from his employer.
Very diverse terrain, good mix of wooded and open holes, as well as long and short. Overall very much worth playing.
Very good amenities - store with gatorade, snacks, disc, hats, ice cream, bathrooms, great camping sites and an occanssional bass tourney!
Easy 1st Hole, or is it?
Tight Wooded Holes to Long Open Bombs
Plenty of Trash Cans
Tournaments have great support and prizes from Park and Rec
Course is still a work in progress as of today, summer months bring many bugs and vegetation. Make sure to use bug spray and watch your disc. Sometimes it is smarter to just play it safe, but low scores are out there to be had. I absoultely LOVE this course, it will be a tough course to grow tired of, so go give it a try!!! They keep a guestbook, so please sign it when you visit the park store.
Courses Close By
- Northeast Park - Crooked Creek, Gibsonville NC US
- Northeast Park - Oak Hill, Gibsonville NC US
- Beth Schmidt Park Disc Golf Course, Elon NC US
- Stokesdale Town Park, Stokesdale NC US
- Barber Park, Greensboro NC US
- Springwood Players' Course, Burlington NC US
- Ballou Park Disc Golf Course #2, Danville VA US
- Ballou Park Disc Golf Course #1, Danville VA US
- Cedarock Park, Burlington NC US
- Wellspring, Burlington NC US