Wauberg has its pros and cons. The course has a good variety of angles and obstacles, and even a small amount of terrain to navigate. Several holes play along the edge of the forest, a few go through narrow alleys, and few shoot into/out of the woods. Hole 1 is the most frustrating on the course, so don't sweat the fact that you lose your disc in the forest right off the bat.
During the summer, the course can feel a little overgrown, and hole 2 features these god-awful palm bushes with horrible, sharp leaves. If you don't like spiders, stay out of the underbrush. Winter usually makes these things more manageable.
Sadly, you need a UF student/staff (one per car will do) ID to enter the park, but once you get in, discs are available.
Courses Close By
- Northside Park, Gainesville FL US
- Jonesville Park, Gainesville FL US
- House of Trees, Newberry FL US
- Pine Oaks Disc Golf, Ocala FL US
- Ocala Greenway Disc Golf Course, Ocala FL US
- Whispering Pines Park, Inverness FL US
- Ronnie Van Zant Memorial, Green Cove Springs FL US
- Lake Okahumpka Park, WIldwood FL US
- Moccasin Creek Disc Golf Course, Elkton FL US
- Floral Park, Floral City FL US