Lake Olmstead Park
Here is a fly through of the course.
Good course with a tight layout. The lake can burn you in a bunch of ways and a slight mistake will put you in the drink.
Favorite baskets; #3 nice elevation drop off the tee, #4 short skill basket, #16 fun water shot-big arms go to the right, #17 tight water basket with you, the lake and a ten foot wide landing area the entire length of this long par 3. Most get there in three but, a lot make it into Olmstead.
Very nice job on the design. It had to be tough getting all 18 on that skinny of a piece of land. It has all the shots you need to force some great disc golf. Lots of OB can lead to tragic round-ending holes.
Lake Olmstead is a good course and probably my favorite "Augusta" course except for the IDGC courses. There is risk / reward an several holes and worth the visit. My only real complaints are that many of the holes are the same shot (long & straight) and the landing zone for hole six is a crap shoot.
Courses Close By
- Riverview Park, North Augusta SC US
- Pendleton King Park, Augusta GA US
- Hippodrome Disc Golf - Headrick Hills, North Augusta SC US
- Hippodrome Disc Golf - Old Glory, North Augusta SC US
- Patriots Park, Evans GA US
- Hippodrome Disc Golf - Hogback, North Augusta SC US
- Odell Weeks Park, Aiken SC US
- Perry Memorial Park, Aiken SC US
- Jim Warner Memorial Disc Golf Course, Appling GA US
- Steady Ed Headrick Memorial, Appling GA US