Lake Mendocino (North)
Great place to lose disc..... lost a yellow wahoo on hole one.....don't overshoot it...... its tough wooded terrain..... I loved it.....the flow of the course needs a lotof help.....the signs are not right.....I guess they change basket locations..... which is nice for locals.....if you play in the summer it is hit......bring lots of water.......not my most favorite course but I will play it again
This 9-hole course has technical, short shots (>300') through heavily wooded terrain with copious amounts of Poison Oak in the rough on fairways, so if you are allergic to poison oak watch where you put your hands after handling your disc!
Course is newish and doesn't have a huge crowd every weekend, so if you're looking for a quick game this is the place.
Many technical, lefty oriented shots to squeeze out those anhyzers you work so hard for. Side-arm flickers will have a blast.
New DGA mach 3 baskets and decent rubber mat tees.
Course is located next to campground at Lake Mendocino, so access is easy for visitors here, and the other Lake course is just a few miles away.
Restrooms and picnic benches are available, and plenty of parking is available.
Free scorecards and pencils!
Rangers hold disc golf clinics during the summer and occasionally give out new discs to attendees.
As mentioned, poison oak on whole course but Corps of Engineers works hard to keep it down.
Basket locations change with the whim and whimsy of the local rangers from the lake, so it's hard to know where the baskets are at times without checking.
Layout of course places tees within shooting distance from previous holes, so if it's busy make sure it's clear before you throw.
Courses Close By
- Lake Mendocino (South), Ukiah CA US(2 votes)
- Mendocino College Disc Golf Course, Ukiah CA US(1 vote)
- Low Gap Park, Ukiah CA US(1 vote)
- KOA Campground, Willits CA US(1 vote)
- Brooktrails Golf Course, Willits CA USNo votes yet
- Anderson Valley Brewing Company, Boonville CA US(3 votes)
- Highland Springs Reservoir, Lakeport CA US(1 vote)
- Manchester Beach KOA, Manchester CA US(1 vote)
- Mendocino High School, Mendocino CA US(1 vote)
- College of the Redwoods, Fort Bragg CA USNo votes yet