Lake McMurtry South
This course requires every shot in your bag. It starts with a medium length fairly open hole with OB all down the right side. The next 3 holes head right in to a heavily wooded area where accuracy is rewarded and leaving the fairway is penalized. Holes 5 - 8 are fairly open with a couple of birdie opportunities. Then 9 - 11 are right back in the thick woods. From here you play in and out of wooded areas with the holes getting longer finishing with 17 being an 810' bomber with OB running all the way down the right side and finishing on 18, being 672' which also has OB all down the right side and having to choose to play the last 250' through a lightly wooded waste area or making the big hyzer over the OB.
There are also alternate concrete tee pads that bring the length of the course down about 1,400', but still require every bit of the game you have in the bag.
If there are any cons, it would be that the course is new, but the Lake crew is constantly making things better.
This is going to be one of Oklahoma's Hidden Gems. But I don't think it will be for long. Soon this will be one of the top of the "Must Play" courses for anyone traveling to Oklahoma. A second course is going in and once that happens, this complex could be the "Crown Jewel" for disc golf in Oklahoma
Courses Close By
- Lake McMurtry North, Stillwater OK US
- Boomer Lake Park, Stillwater OK US
- Hoyt Grove, Stillwater OK US
- Rotary Park Disc Golf, Perry OK US
- Memorial Park, Cushing OK US
- War Memorial Park, Ponca City OK US
- Lake Ponca, Ponca City OK US
- Tye F. Cunningham Disc Golf Course, Edmond OK US
- Arcadia Lake - Blue, Oklahoma City OK US
- Arcadia Lake - Red, Oklahoma City (Edmond) OK US