Kirkwood Mountain Resort
With out a doubt my favorite course to play. The scenery alone is worth the trip. This course will test your skills with a good mix of uphill, wooded, downhill & long tees. Starts out with a few uphill tees then cuts across the hill before going up again. With some great downhill play at the end. With a true par 5 hole (it really helps to have a spotter on hole 16). All the tees have nice rubber matting & if your not familiar with the course you do need to look around a little for some of the baskets as some hidden around bends or through giant old growth timber. You play across a few meadows covered in wildflowers. If you play early in the year, some holes still have snow around. Usually into the end of July you have quite a few small snow melt creeks & a few waterfalls you traverse around. Absolute must for everyone to try. In the early summer, don't be surprised by an afternoon thunderstorm & maybe a quick rain shower. And be sure to bring mosquito repellant, water & give yourself about 2hrs to play. Every wednesday at 5pm there is a tournament. At the day lodge they do have maps/scorecards & a few discs to buy if you need some.
Extreme Disc Golf!!! Hard to find some tee pads, getting the scorecard really helps! Fun, hard and challenging!!! I even got my sidewinder stuck in a chairlift! Large trees to shoot around and to shoot over. Some baskets are mounted in the trees. Of all the mountain coursed I have played this one felt more like a disc golf course then a ski slope.
Courses Close By
- Turtle Rock Park Disc Golf, Markleeville CA US
- Rick's Revenge, Bear Valley CA US
- Bijou Community Park, South Lake Tahoe CA US
- Zephyr Cove Park, Zephyr Cove NV US
- Gold Ridge Forest , Pollock Pines CA US
- Mollie Joyce Park Disc Golf Course, Pioneer CA US
- Pioneer Park, Somerset CA US
- Somerset Country Club, Somerset CA US
- Squaw Valley Disc Golf Course at High Camp, Olympic Valley CA US
- Finnon Lake, Placerville CA US