J.P. Moseley Park
I have played about 30+ different courses in the southeast from Charlotte to Huntsville and this is the best course I have played by a long shot. (I havent played the legendary FlyBoy...yet)but to put it simple, this course has everything. If you live in Georgia and havent made the trip, you are missing out. And its free also.
Pros: This course has come a long way from it's roots. What began as a very lame pitch-n-put course has been totaly reworked into a "New School" par 60 layout, demanding every shot in your bag. Tight holes in the woods and open holes to demand distance, par 4's and 5's and some score raising OB make this a great course to test your skills. Lastly, solitude. This area of this park is dedicated disc golf only. A walking trail winds nearby for 6 holes near the middle of the course, but that's it! Peace and quiet.
Cons: There are some vicious patches of shule to find out here. Keep it in the fairway. Also, out-and-back layout makes it hard to bail if you get stuck in the rain on hole 10. Nice Rain/Sun shelters are there for relief from this. Summer can bring high grass and lots of bugs. Fall/winter is the best time to play here.
Other thoughts: Word is 9 more holes are in the plans. There is plenty of room for this. Bring water and whatever you need for your round, as you will not have a chance to go back to your car until 18. When you finish your round, go eat at the orignal Shane's Rib Shack. It's less than 2 miles away and it's GOOD.
Courses Close By
- Salem Baptist Church, McDonough GA USNo votes yet
- Rosewood-Dekalb at Redan Park, Lithonia GA US(4 votes)
- McCurry Park, Fayetteville GA US(1 vote)
- Perkerson Park, Atlanta GA US(3 votes)
- Wyomia Tyus Olympic Park, Griffin GA US(1 vote)
- Lenora Park, Snellville GA US(4 votes)
- Village Green, Peachtree City GA US(1 vote)
- Chamblee Church Disc Golf Course, Chamblee GA USNo votes yet
- Alexander Park, Lawrenceville GA US(4 votes)
- The Monty, Monticello GA US(1 vote)