Johnson State College Disc Golf Course
Great course for more advanced players. The first 6 are kinda hidden across the road. (Beginners will get frustrated with the first 6) The trees are thick and in the summer everything is very "green" so bring a bright colored disk. Its a great course if you haven't been you must try it.
One of my favorite courses. I've played here at least a few hundred times since I could get rounds in between classes. The original 12 holes are classics, with 8-12 having killer views of the Green Mountains. They can be tough on windy days though as JSC sits atop a hill. Holes are challenging but most intermediate players should throw par or under. I've aced hole 4 and have seen 8 taken care of in one throw as well. The last 6 holes are add-ons after I moved out of Vermont. I played them a few times when they were new and were still pretty rugged. 13 can be found across the street from where hole 1 starts. Overall a great course for anyone, especially since it's free.
6/15/12 update: the "new" holes are now the first 6, but not all of the signs have been updated. I visited the great state again this weekend and everything blends well. It's all good at Johnson
Courses Close By
- Brewster Ridge @ Smugglers Notch, Jeffersonville VT US
- Village 9 @ Smuggler's Notch, Jeffersonville VT US
- Craftsbury Disc Golf, Craftsbury Common VT US
- Center Chains Disc Golf Course, Waterbury Center VT US
- Black Falls Disc Club, Montgomery VT US
- Cherry Hill, Montgomery VT US
- First Trax Disc Golf Course, Jay VT US
- Wrightsville Beach, Middlesex VT US
- Georgia Elementary, St. Albans VT US
- Prouty Beach, Newport VT US