Itasca Community College DGC
- It brings disc golf on to a college campus as a fun, cheap/free form of recreation.
- Baskets are in poor condition. The homemade construction used too much light-weight materials, and it shows.
- Course is listed as a 9-hole course. We only found six tees/baskets (after spending a solid 5-10 minutes searching for Holes 7-9). If three baskets have been pulled, then the course records need to be changed to reflect that.
- Design is poor, in general. Tees and baskets too close to road, one basket tucked behind a ballfield backstop (making the hole unplayable if the baseball/softball field happens to be in use), etc.
- Tee pads are poor, and appear to be an ankle injury waiting to happen (uneven, seem as though they would be slick when wet, etc.).
Other Thoughts: This isn't a comment I would make very often, but given the many deficiencies with this particular course, and given the fact that a new 18-hole course is opening in Legion Park only a few miles to the West (in Grand Rapids), it might be better for the course/baskets to be pulled. Or at bare-minimum take a good, hard look at re-designing the course. Because as it is, the only reason to stop and play this one is to add to your Courses Played count total.
Courses Close By
- Legion Park DGC, Grand Rapids MN US
- Northern Lights Community, Warba MN US
- North Hibbing DG Park, Hibbing MN US
- Chisholm DGC, Chisholm MN US
- Side Lake Disc Golf, Side Lake MN US
- Crosslake Community Center, Crosslake MN US
- Aitkin City Park, Aitkin MN US
- Nordland Tall Grass DGC, Aitkin MN US
- Pine River Backus Schools DGC, Pine River MN US
- Lusk Park, Ironton MN US