Iowa State University (Stable Run Disc Golf Course)
This is a more technical and challenging course than Carroll Marty. Many holes have two tees and two pins so you can mix it up if you want to. Most of the front 9 is heavily wooded, but if you can hit the line, it's pretty rewarding. Miss, and it's hard to recover. On the back 9, it opens up a lot, but still fairly technical. Only the last few holes are what I would call "open".
A lot of times, this course is a few weeks behind on getting mowed, and watch out for the stinging nettles on hole #5 on the right!!! If you get in them, they burn!
Carroll Marty is more fun, but this is more technical. With both courses being only a few miles apart, Ames has a couple of great courses that offer a good mix and challenge. You have to play them both!
Most holes have two pads and two baskets allowing you to mix it up if you get bored easy. Course has a good mixture of short and long holes as well as open and tree filled holes. Well taken care of for the most part.
Courses Close By
- Gateway Hills Park (Carroll Marty Disc Golf Course), Ames IA US(2 votes)
- Centennial Park, Huxley IA US(1 vote)
- Harrington Park, Nevada IA USNo votes yet
- Story City Park, Story City IA USNo votes yet
- McHose Park, Boone IA US(1 vote)
- Edgewood Park, Madrid IA US(1 vote)
- Maxwell City Park, Maxwell IA USNo votes yet
- Big Creek State Park, Polk City IA US(1 vote)
- Pilot Mound, Pilot Mound IA USNo votes yet
- Heritage Park, Ankeny IA US(1 vote)