French Creek State Park
The google maps coordinates given for the first tee didn't work for me. Nor does following the signs to the day use area. Instead, follow the signs for the pool. The first tee, and bulletin board, are to the right as soon as you enter the large pool parking lot. (*Editor here - we corrected the 1st tee location and directions after seeing this review. Remember folks - you can edit any course listing yourself - just click "Help" at a course listing.)
Very solid course. Because the first two silver baskets seemed unnecessarily short, decided to play the gold tee distance. For an occasional rec player, this course shredded me to the tune of a +18. That said, it's a very challenging and beautiful course.
Definitively grab a scorecard for directions and the par for each hole. I didn't agree with the am gold pars and don't really see the point since there aren't am and pro tee pads, just short (silver) and long (gold) baskets. I felt like the pro gold par seemed more consistent with PDGA standards so I went by that.
All in all, definitely worth playing this course.
Good variety for a woods course. The dual basket design is very cool. You can play alternating Silvers and Golds if you want! Good tees and signs too. Bringing the map will help with locating the course in the park and with navigation.
Courses Close By
- Camp Sankanac Disc Golf Course, Spring City PA US(1 vote)
- Kenilworth Park, Kenilworth PA US(1 vote)
- Angelica Park, Reading PA US(1 vote)
- Boyertown Park Disc Golf, Boyertown PA US(4 votes)
- Earl Township Community Park, Boyertown PA US(2 votes)
- New Hanover Community Park, Gilbertsville PA US(1 vote)
- Laurelain Disc Golf Course, Reading PA USNo votes yet
- The Cedars, Perkiomenville PA US(1 vote)
- Upper Salford Park, Upper Salford PA US(1 vote)
- Wilson Farm Park Disc Golf Course, Chesterbrook PA US(3 votes)