Falling Creek Park
My 11 year old son and I played this course for the first time this weekend and while it was a very hot day (95 degrees when we finished at noon) I was really impressed. In addition, the park looks recently renovated and was a terrific setting for a disc golf course. Not living in Bedford however, I would not have known this course was here if not for finding it online.
Some VERY long holes - bring a good distance driver - you'll need it.
Since its a very long course, be prepared for a bit of walking. If its a hot day, bring your own water.
The course is mostly flat with gentle, rolling hills and good visibility to the holes.
Cedars are your enemy. They eat discs like candy. Fortunately there are lots of rocks around.
You may want to bring a map, the progression between holes is not always clear.
It's a long course and since I couldn't find my favorite distance driver that morning I walked away with a +8 - and I was PROUD of it. But I definitely look forward to playing it again - most likely in the fall when its not 95 degrees outside.
Kudos to Bedford for hiding away this little gem.
Courses Close By
- Peaks View Park, Lynchburg VA US
- Liberty University Disc Golf, Lynchburg VA US
- Walrond Park, Hollins VA US
- Fishburn Park, Roanoke VA US
- Sontag Disc Golf Course, Rocky Mount VA US
- Washington and Lee University, Lexington VA US
- Elk Creek Disc Golf Course, Appomattox VA US
- Ferrum College Disc Golf, Ferrum VA US
- J. Frank Wilson Memorial Park, Martinsville VA US
- Ballou Park Disc Golf Course #2, Danville VA US