Very fun course. Played it many times.
PROS: Fairly easy to follow, there are some elevation changes, some very challenging holes, some blind tees, a mix of short and longer holes, it has a nice layout that helps speed up play and you can get two rounds in pretty easy, it has regular & pro tee markers on most holes, it's free.
CONS: The clientele visiting the park is very shady, a lot of hobos & drunks loitering around the picnic area, a couple of the holes were a little difficult to follow and a few holes were moved, the hole number on the baskets are not all marked, there are regular & pro tee offs, but they are difficult to find and need to be replaced in some cases, a little restoration effort could probably put this course into a 5 category, I am not from the area and getting to and from the park can be a little confusing the way the streets around there are laid out.
TIPS: Watch out for heavy leaves in the fall. Discs can become lost in the mounds of downed oak leaves after a long tee-off if you aren't watching close.
Courses Close By
- Lincoln Park - North, Springfield IL US
- Lincoln Park - South, Springfield IL US
- University of Illinois - Springfield DGC, Springfield IL US
- Nelson Park DGC, Decatur IL US
- Beardstown Disc Golf Course, Beardstown IL US
- Memorial Park DGC, Manito IL US
- Hopedale Park Disc Golf, Hopedale IL US
- Spoon River Disc Golf Course, Canton IL US
- McNaughton Park, Pekin IL US
- Big Creek Park, Canton IL US