Desert Sands Park Disc Golf Course
Not a fabulous course, but being the only on in Palmdale it's okay to get your fix. The first 5 or 6 are fairly technical for an amateur like me with lots of trees in the way. One of the biggest problems I had was keeping it low enough to not hit the branches. One saving grace is that, because there's very little grass, it's easy to skip or slide your discs since you have to keep them low.
Another thing that made this course a little more difficult to play is the fact that Palmdale is a pretty windy city. This was a factor on the first few holes when trying to squeeze between tight tress, and on the last few that were wide open when trying to .
The tee boxes are dirt and wood chips and a few of them have pot holes making your approach a little dangerous if you're not careful.
Aside from the trees and wind, there are no real hazards, and I did have fun playing. I'll bring my discs again next time I'm in Palmdale.
Courses Close By
- Mt. Waterman Disc Golf Course, CA US
- Sylmar (Veterans Park), Sylmar CA US
- Central Park Disc Golf Course, Santa Clarita CA US
- Verdugo Hills Golf Course, Tujunga CA US
- Mojave Greens , Edwards AFB CA US
- Oak Grove (Hahamongna Park), Pasadena CA US
- Sky High Disc Golf Course at Mtn. High North, Wrightwood CA US
- DeBell Disc Golf Course, Burbank CA US
- Wrightwood Country Club, Wrightwood CA US
- Northside Park, Azusa CA US