This can be a very enjoyable course...
On the plus side, the holes are varied and provide a decent challenge. There is a nice mixture of holes featuring mature foliage, elevation change, or flight path variation.
On the minus side, significant portions of the course layout are counter-intuitive; bring a map. The park is also often busy with picnics, day camps, and sports practices. I'm not sure that I was ever able to play all 18 holes in one visit. The neighborhood is less than inviting, with frequent cases of violence and crime. Truth be told, my friend's wife more or less banned us from going back after a body was found in the creek.
Good basket placement on most holes with obstacles requiring a decent shot. Open, flat fairways with minimal elevation changes. Road and creek are OB. Signage was confusing and some of it was torn down. Couple of holes backtracked and there was a lot of walking between holes at points. Confusing if this is your first time playing this course.
Some signs are missing or in really bad shape. Course flows quite nicely in some places, yet backtracks a lot in others. Sometimes there are metal markers by baskets that direct you to the next tee, sometimes not. Inconsistency is very frustrating. Lots of walking. Hills and elevation make for interesting play. #17is the worst hole I have ever seen. This hole is completely obscured by trees, so an ace is impossible. The creek/gorge/canyon can be murderous, so keep away! Course could be quite nice if a little TLC and attention to detail was given.
Courses Close By
- George Washington Park, Indianapolis IN US
- DISC at Fall Creek, Indianapolis IN US
- Northwestway Park Disc Golf Course, Indianapolis IN US
- Sahm Park, Indianapolis IN US
- Hazel Landing Park, Carmel IN US
- Cumberland Park, Fishers IN US
- The Hill at Northview Church, Carmel IN US
- Lawrence W Inlow Park, Carmel IN US
- Freedom Park Disc Golf Course, Greenwood IN US
- Dr. James A. Dillon Park, Noblesville IN US