Bogus Basin - Pioneer
• Beautiful views
• Good variety of shots required
• Holes not excessively long like some mountain courses.
• Creative basket placements on many holes.
• Navigation was difficult even with a map. Markers pointing to the next tee would have been useful.
• Brush was very heavy in many places. My friend lost 2 discs in one round. Spotting HIGHLY recommended on the upper course.
• The dirt tee pads needed more visible markers. The blue (long tee) and white (short tee) wooden stakes were not easy to see from a distance.
I enjoyed playing the course, but the heavy brush was a big negative. Bring bright colored discs and playing alone is not recommended; you will need to take turns spotting with other players. The lower course (which is now 18 holes) is supposed to be much less brushy. I plan to play it soon.
Very challenging course. Long drive up winding mountain. Great view from course though. Very steep slopes on most of the holes and lots of brush and trees very easy to loose disk if you don't through perfect.there is no course map or hole markers so its up to you to figure it out. Over all i would say play it once just to check it out then forget it.
One of the better courses I've played. Played the new course now probably 5-6 times, plays out quite nicely. Not as challenging as the previous setup, but definitely more suitable for novices and recreational play. Well thought out pin placement on most holes, challenging doglegs both left and right, good variety, never crowded, great escape from the valley heat in the summer. Certainly worth the 40 min drive from Boise to get away from more crowded/less challenging valley courses.
Courses Close By
- Bogus Basin - Simplot, Boise ID USNo votes yet
- Ann Morrison Park Southeast, Boise ID US(9 votes)
- HP East Park, Boise ID US(2 votes)
- Columbia Village Disc Golf Course, Boise ID US(1 vote)
- Eagle Island State Park, Eagle ID US(4 votes)
- Lydle Gulch , Boise ID USNo votes yet
- Sandy Point State Park, Boise ID US(2 votes)
- Settlers Park, Meridian ID USNo votes yet
- Bear Creek Park, Meridian ID USNo votes yet
- College of Western Idaho, Nampa ID USNo votes yet