Black Mouse Disc Golf Course
This is a awesome little course under the redwood canope in Felton. When I go to play this little gem.. I feel like an ewok from star wars! LOL! This course is awesome in the summer time cause the redwoods canope keeps it cool for about 85% of the course. Good mixture of short and midrange with a few long holes now.. The course has been revamped a little recently with a few new pin positions.. Go check it out and make sure you have a guide or a local who knows the layout.. It's easy to get lost.. Plus lots of Poison oak!
Best kept secret in Santa Cruz! Black Mouse a.k.a."the Maze" is tucked away, laid-out on a shady hill-side forest, and it's always the perfect temperature under the redwood canape that covers the entire course but never effects a shot. The front 9 traverses back and forth, to the final 8 holes witch are all down hill. Most tee shots here are short, but a missed birdie putt or a bad drive could roll away to cost you at least bogey. Huge redwood tree trunks, fallen trees with moss, and a pine needle ground cover provide a spooky yet majestic feel about the course. New signs and tee's help with navigation, but a map can be helpful for first timers. Close enough to play if De La is too hot or crowded! Short quick rounds, 18 holes can play in aprx. 1hr:45min., but its a hike!
Courses Close By
- Scotts Valley High School Circuit, Scotts Valley CA US
- U.C. Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz CA US
- DeLaveaga Park Disc Golf Course, Santa Cruz CA US
- Aptos High School Disc Golf Course, Aptos CA US
- Pinto Lake Disc Golf Course, Watsonville CA US
- Parque De La Raza Disc Golf Course, San Jose CA US
- Coyote Creek Disc Golf Course at Hellyer Park, San Jose CA US
- CSUMB Cypress Disc Golf Course, Seaside CA US
- CSUMB Oaks Disc Golf Course, Seaside CA US
- Old Sawmill, Pacific Grove CA US