Bell & Howard Chevrolet DGC
Overview: Cool little course, but could use a little work. Front nine is mostly open and flat, with two or three holes in the woods, and is fairly balanced. The back nine is a bit longer and more difficult, but is still fun. All holes have nice big concrete pads.
Navigation/Design: All but one of the holes has a nice sign, and finding the next hole was never too difficult. Most tees are visible from the last basket. The course is well designed--the front nine is aimed at a more novice golfer while the back nine has some shots that make hitting par tough.
Summary: Definitely some fun shots (#16 starts with a ~30ft drop, #9 is 175 ft but there's a large power station in between you and the basket, so you can try and throw it through it or go around). Unfortunately, many of the holes are in low-lying fields and rainwater seems to stick around for a while. We smelled sewage on a few as well. Finally, the separate 9 hole loops doesn't make any sense, and the course has trash everywhere. Fun shots with a mediocre experience warrants a 4 in my book!
Courses Close By
- Stumpy Creek, Mooresville NC US
- The Bridges @ Cornelius Road Park, Mooresville NC US
- Davidson College, Davidson NC US
- Kelsey Scott Park, Salisbury NC US
- Ellis Park DGC, Salisbury NC US
- Beatty's Ford Park, Denver NC US
- Bailey Road Park, Cornelius NC US
- Bradford Park, Huntersville NC US
- Yadkin County Park, Yadkinville NC US
- Glenn C. Hilton Memorial Park, Hickory NC US