YMCA of the Rockies
Super fun, beautiful, challenging course! However, there are no tee pads, just a sign with the hole number and par. Rustic mountain terrain (no mowed grass) with lots of elevation changes and pine trees. The main issue with the course is that when you finish hole 18 there is about a 5 minute uphill walk back to the parking lot.
Also, you are supposed to have a YMCA pass to play this course, so if you are not staying at the YMCA, you will need to purchase a pass.
I actually didn't play the course because there's a $15 per person fee to participate in the YMCA of the Rockies activities, which includes disc golf.
From their website: Please note that if you are not staying on-grounds or are not a member of the Y, you must purchase a $15 day pass to participate in activities. The day pass can be purchased at the Sweet Memorial Program Building or the Administration Building.
PROs: Average course in a beautiful setting.
Lots of potential for wildlife watching.(deer, elk, birds...)
CONs: Can be difficult to navigate without a map.
Course layout is linear not a loop. If you parked at Tee #1, you have a 15 min walk back from hole 18.
Terrific course in a very scenic surrounding. Great mix of moderate to long fairways. Excellent mix of up and down hill shots. Course plays better then '2' rating. With small amount of improvement to tee pads and fairway management this course could easily be rated 4-5. Had it not been for a 900 pound elk on tee pad 2, who seemed very at home, we could have thrown the whole course!
Rocky ground. Not a lot of variety on the front nine. It's fun to watch the prairie dogs duck, though.
Courses Close By
- Golden Eagle Disc Golf Course at Buckhorn Canyon, Bellvue CO US(1 vote)
- Mehaffey Park, Loveland CO USNo votes yet
- Walt Clark Middle School, Loveland CO USNo votes yet
- Thompson Valley High School, Loveland CO US(2 votes)
- Dry Creek Disc Golf Course, Longmont CO USNo votes yet
- Loomiller, Longmont CO USNo votes yet
- Aggie Greens at Hughes Stadium, Ft. Collins CO US(2 votes)
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa, Tabernash CO USNo votes yet
- Clark Centennial Park, Longmont CO US(1 vote)
- Valmont Disc Park, Boulder CO US(1 vote)