Wilson Farm Park Disc Golf Course
This is tough little course for beginners. Only 4 holes. And lots of nasty brush to loose your discs. I lost my mid range and go some poison ivy finding my putter. It's kind confusing for beginners. I had some good practice on the 4th hole. It's nice park. Beginners should use cation.
Just played this course over my lunch break. Like it states, it's great for practicing putt and approach shots. Well groomed course with nice baskets but leave the fairway and you have a 50% chance of losing your disc, it's that thick. Not a bad course for what it is though.
Chesterbrook is O.K. for beginners in spite of the rough which can be brutal. Hole 4 is a tunnel shot with real trouble to the right of the fairway. You can lose a disc in there. Lost discs are such a buzz kill especially to beginners so don't risk turning a newbie off to the game. Whoever designed the course did not consider how difficult an anheiser throw is for a beginner. It would be better if the holes exercised a variety of throws in an open field type of setting. If this game is going to appeal to more of the general public, consideration needs to be given to just how difficult it is to throw a disc golf frisbee.
This course is well groomed but short. I played two rounds today to get out of the house. It is fun for newbies, putting practice, or possibly using your Eagle. If it expanded to 9 holes I would rate it a little better.
Courses Close By
- Camp Sankanac Disc Golf Course, Spring City PA US
- Kenilworth Park, Kenilworth PA US
- Plains Park Disc Golf Course, Hatfield PA US
- Sedgley Woods (East Fairmount Park), Philadelphia PA US
- Branchwood Park Disc Golf Course, Franconia PA US
- New Hanover, Gilbertsville PA US
- Brandywine Creek State Park, Wilmington DE US
- Salford Township Community Park, Tylersport PA US
- French Creek - Pleasure Mtn., Birdsboro PA US
- French Creek State Park, Elverson PA US