William Yates Sprint Disc Golf Course
As previously stated, this course was designed for youngsters! However, all holes now have alternative 'long tees', and this is a surprisingly entertaining course. Tees are well-marked (including photos posted at each), and the course expands from the front of the school, to the side and then wraps around the back. While most of the course can be played with mid-range discs or putters, a few of the holes are challenging 'thread-the-needle' types, and there are plenty of shady spots! A great course to work on 'control'! This one's a nice getaway!
Taken as what it is intended, a course for K-6 graders to learn disc golf, this is an AMAZING course. The first 15 holes may be the best designed of all the Kansas City courses, the last 3 might be a little too crammed in, but that's excusable because of the great design of the others. For an experienced player, the challenge is to play with only putters or midranges, and have a par-free round. I don't know of any so far. The longest hole may be only about 240', but that doesn't mean it's easy. Woods, hills, tunnels, a few pretty much open holes, it's all one can ask. It's also been the introduction to several local players, whose kids played in school and got mom and/or dad out to play it, too. Perfect. This is a great example of 1)how to design a course to use the land available to the max 2)how to attract more players to disc golf 3)how disc golf can become an integral part of a community (as it has in all of Kansas City, but this especially). Believe it or not, this is a MUST play!
Courses Close By
- Wilbur Young Park, Blue Springs MO US(1 vote)
- Blue Valley Park, Kansas City MO US(1 vote)
- Blue Valley Short Course, Kansas City MO USNo votes yet
- Legacy Park, Lee's Summit MO US(2 votes)
- Swope Park, Kansas City MO US(1 vote)
- Kessler Park (Cliff Drive), Kansas City MO US(1 vote)
- Water Works Park, Kansas City MO US(2 votes)
- Rosedale Park (Down Under), Kansas City KS US(1 vote)
- Rosedale Park (Top), Kansas City KS US(1 vote)
- Old Pike Country Club, Gladstone MO USNo votes yet