West Side Park
Nice, well marked grassy course with some good trees to negotiate. Professional design by Chuck Kennedy means that all the important basics are covered - good transitions, variety (as much as the terrain offers) and overall design.
I just finished playing this course after supper this evening...for the first time. It's a nice course, but tonight when I was out, the bugs were about eating me alive. Not sure if the recent thunderstorms had any contribution to the bug population. Each hole is well marked. There are "Recreation" and "Pro" tees...marked in red and blue (repsecitively) poles. The first "Recreation" tee starts at 43.984858, -92.237101 (and the "Pro" tee is right behind it). (Another way to look at it...the first tee is right alongside Co Rd 7 SE.) I was able to get to the first basket in two throws, but the rest of the course was a bit more challenging. Holes 6 and 7 were the most challenging because of the weeds that you can throw over. Luckily, I was able to find my discs rather quickly. When I started hole #8, I soon realized after my initial throw that I was going for hole #4. Hole #8 curves to the left and isn't really behind trees (where I learned that was hold #4).
All in all, it iis a nice, grassy course with lots of trees to maneuver around. The course is designed well so you pretty much have a good idea of where you are to go next. Make sure to bring some bug repellant with you, though.
Courses Close By
- Rochester Community and Technical College Disc Golf Course, Rochester MN USNo votes yet
- St. Charles Disc Golf Course, St. Charles MN US(1 vote)
- Mill Creek Park, Chatfield MN USNo votes yet
- East Park, Rochester MN USNo votes yet
- Slatterly Park, Rochester MN USNo votes yet
- Bulldog Run Disc Golf Course, Plainview MN USNo votes yet
- IBM Woodside Park, Rochester MN USNo votes yet
- Bear Cave Park, Stewartville MN US(1 vote)
- Caryl Cowden Park, Oronoco MN USNo votes yet
- Bluff Valley RV Park Disc Golf Course, Zumbro Falls MN USNo votes yet