Vallarta-Ast Disc Golf Course
This course is beautifully maintained and manicured; the fees are well spent. I like the options/variety that the alternate tees/pins provide. The course par of 101 is not reflective of its difficulty; should easily be a par 81 with the flat wide open fairways and very little technical shots. I had a great time and would stop back when near the Madison area again. Signage, tee-pads, scorecard; everything is well done here! Other municipalities could learn a thing or two from this course - great job!!
This course is the overachiever course that all the other courses hate and are secretly jealous of. Well groomed and shaped fairways, rotating pin placements that change on a regular basis, quality signage, huge concrete teepads, fun layout from long or short tees. The only thing that's keeping this from being an actual golf club is a beer cart girl and a clubhouse.
The only cons are that it gets a bit buggy in mid-summer due to low lying grasslands, so bring your deet. That, and the fee is a bit steep for disc golf. Worth it, but more than most disc golfers are used to paying.
I threw my vary first disc at this course and fell in love not only with the sport of disc golfing but with this course! The course is always in tip top shape. Forget the daily pass, spring for the yearly, if you play it once you WILL be back again and again and again.
A picturesque course that is fun to play for all skill levels. Not much of elevation or hazzards, a well designed course nonetheless.
Courses Close By
- Hiestand Park, Madison WI US(7 votes)
- Capital Springs, Madison WI USNo votes yet
- Bird's Ruins Disc Golf Course at Langer Park, Marshall WI US(1 vote)
- Elver Park, Madison WI US(7 votes)
- Fireman's Park, Waterloo WI US(2 votes)
- Kiwanis of Stoughton Disc Golf Course, Stoughton WI US(2 votes)
- Ripley Park, Cambridge WI USNo votes yet
- Marion Park, Prairie Du Sac WI US(2 votes)
- Edgerton Disc Golf Course, Edgerton WI USNo votes yet
- Exeter Disc Golf Course, Belleville WI USNo votes yet