Tree Top Disc Golf Course at Sorosis Park
Super fun course. I helped pour the tee pads years ago, so I'm a bit partial to this course. Lots of trees on nearly every hole, including big pine trees. You will hit them. At a park, so lots of other park users, but the disc golf course is set nicely so it doesn't interfere or you don't have to wait for other park users very often. 18 holes, about 2 miles in walking. Hole 1 and hole 18 are right next to each other, so you end where you start, which is nice. Nice course board and maps always available. You will need them on several holes as it's not obvious where the next hole is on several of them. The baskets are marked with the hole numbers, which is nice. You will use all your disks on this course as you need lots of different shots & techniques. There are a lot of mid range length holes, with a couple longer ones a couple shorties. Nice park, with nice views.
Sorosis is a beautiful course set in a well maintained 40 acre city park populated by mature pines and oaks. Not a particularly long course, but plenty difficult with the trees and pin placements. Great views of the Columbia River, Mt Adams, and Mt Hood and a variety of eagles, hawks, flickers, tanagers, and other birds. The rose garden between holes 8 and 9 is a colorful delight from May through October. The concrete tee pads are small, but a nice improvement. The layout is not completely intuitive so the first time out is a bit of a learning process. Difficult to lose a disc here. There are nice tennis courts, horseshoes, great kids playground, walking/running path, ball fields and picnic areas. Great fun for the whole family even if they are not golfers. Don't miss this one!
Beautiful park with a great view of Mt Adams and Mt Hood. Course offers plenty of different shots. Can get windy but when the weather is nice its a course worth playing.
Courses Close By
- Lost Barrel Disc Golf, Lyle WA USNo votes yet
- Hood River Disc Golf Course at Morrison Park, Hood River OR US(5 votes)
- Camp Morrow, Wamic OR USNo votes yet
- Mt. Adams Lodge, Glenwood WA USNo votes yet
- Locks Approach Disc Golf Course, Cascade Locks OR USNo votes yet
- Mt. Hood Ski Bowl, Government Camp OR USNo votes yet
- North Bonneville Disc Golf Course, North Bonneville WA US(2 votes)
- Benson State Park, Corbett OR US(1 vote)
- Rooster Rock - East, Corbett OR US(2 votes)
- Rooster Rock - West, Corbett OR US(2 votes)