Tom Bass Regional Park - Wilmont
Ever want a course where you can just let it rip and not worry about water or for the most part trees, this is for you. Yes, there are very few elevation changes, but this is a nice challenging course(unless you're pro level). This course very often gets a really nice breeze, good to help keep cool and get good practice with wind. The only reason this course doesn't get a higher rating is that there aren't any benches near the Tees(unless you count 20 feet as being near) and that these benches are positioned where they are often in direct sun most of the day. Great big course, check it out!
one word sums up this course...LAAAAAAME!! the layout is just about the most amateur i have ever seen. tee signs would help dramatically. most holes aren't even marked. don't waste your time playing this buzzkill!
Allow me to add a little more information as the intro is lacking. For the traveler, this is very close to Hobby airport, but the park is huge, just like the rest of Houston. The disc golf course is on the western most edge of the park near the music ampitheatre. Specifically it is near Pavilion A.
There is nothing championship about this course. It seems to be typical of an area that has no elevation changes. This is a flat, open, simple course. Any challenge will arise from sparse trees and a long layout, but it will not challenge your creativity, imagination, or finesse.
Courses Close By
- Tom Bass Regional Park - Powell, Houston TX US
- Centennial Park Disc Golf Course, Pearland TX US
- MacGregor Park, Houston TX US
- Rice University Disc Golf Course, Houston TX US
- Missouri City Community Park, Missouri City TX US
- Mason Park, Houston TX US
- 1776 Park Disc Golf Course, Friendswood TX US
- Burke Crenshaw Park, Pasadena TX US
- First Colony Aquatic Center, Sugar Land TX US
- Resoft County Park Disc Golf Course, Alvin TX US