A bit pricey at $6 for a 9 hole, especially having to share with ball golfers. The staff is very friendly and there is a good amount of elevation change that makes for a decent challenge, but getting stuck behind the very slow amateur ball golfers that frequent this course is no bueno. If this weren't one of only three courses in SD I would very rarely attend.
longest surviving ball/disc golf course mix in San Diego. the 9-hole layout offers at least two different tee areas per hole that creates a great 18 hole course. currently the most challenging course in San Diego due to the elevation changes, abundant OBs (greens & bunkers), and a frequent afternoon winds. friendly staff and great food!
I wish I could give a 2.5 - this is a very high 2.
Sun Valley is another attempt at merging ball golf and disc golf, and is rather hit and miss. The nine holes are all relatively long and open - don't bring beginning players as the length will be too much for them. Sun Valley is a 9-hole par 3 ball golf course, so the grounds are nicely manicured as far as disc golf goes. Golf greens and bunkers are OB. There are no tee signs, for disc golf, so no distances are available. Easiest thing to do is to play the golf tees, but there are disc golf tees (if you can find them) that bring more obstacles into play.
Pay to play, and the cost is prohibitive for some. It's sometimes frustrating to play (slowly) behind the brand new ball golfers that frequent Sun Valley.
One bright note: the Sun Valley Open is played here late summer/early fall and is a great event. A special 18-hole layout is used which is very good. Unfortunately, you can't play this layout at other times because of the lack of baskets and the flow completely interferes with ball golf flow.
Courses Close By
- Colina Park Golf Course, San Diego CA USNo votes yet
- Morley Field, San Diego CA US(7 votes)
- Olive Glen Disc Golf Course at Sycuan Resort, El Cajon CA US(1 vote)
- Escondido Rotary Disc Golf Course at Kit Carson Park, Escondido CA US(4 votes)
- Montiel Park Disc Golf Course, San Marcos CA US(4 votes)
- CSU San Marcos Disc Golf Course, San Marcos CA US(1 vote)
- Sunset Park, San Marcos CA US(1 vote)
- The Gates of Hell Disc Golf Course, Valley Center CA USNo votes yet
- Brengle Terrace Park Disc Golf Course, Vista CA US(1 vote)
- Goat Hill Park, Oceanside CA US(1 vote)