Spring Valley Disc Golf Course
This course is well-designed and offers a variety of obstacles, distances and other challenges. HOWEVER, this is NOT a beginner course, as the $3 fee should tell you. This course is a good example of good design but bad implementation.
The official course description sorely misrepresents the number of water traps throughout the entire course (and not just "around the perimeter"), ALL of which are stagnate breeding grounds for mosquitoes. I lost count of the number of trees I hit, partly because I am a beginner but mostly because there are so many that it is impossible not to hit them. Be warned, the course is not well kept and if you rogue a disc into the bushes or even slightly off the fairway, be prepared to crawl through thorny, muddy terrain to get it (wear pants, not shorts and proper shoes).
On the plus side, it was a great adventure and if I hadn't lost two discs to this course on my first time out I might actually go back sometime. If you are a seasoned pro this course will offer you a great challenge, but remember everyone makes mistakes and on this course that means you had better be willing to lose a disc.
(did not play)
Courses Close By
- Bear Branch Sportsfield Park, The Woodlands TX US(1 vote)
- Northside Christian Church Disc Golf Course, Spring TX US(1 vote)
- Terramont Park, The Woodlands TX USNo votes yet
- Gwen Hruska Park, Conroe TX USNo votes yet
- Windwood Presbyterian Church, Houston TX USNo votes yet
- McDade Park, Conroe TX US(1 vote)
- Texas Army Trail, Cypress TX USNo votes yet
- Oak Meadow Park Disc Golf Course, Cypress TX USNo votes yet
- Little Egypt Disc Golf Course at John Burge, Conroe TX USNo votes yet
- River Grove Disc Golf Course, Kingwood TX USNo votes yet