This is a pretty interesting course. The front nine can be tricky, and if it's wet, be careful. I think 5 is a hole going towards a creek down hill- from the tee you can see wood fencing past the creek behind the basket. When within ten feet of the basket (it was wet) we started sliding down hill. About five feet past the basket placement there is a 10' drop straight down to a creek. I caught some branches or would have face planted. The back nine is out in the flat part of the park, and very relaxing after the front nine.
Nice park, front nine is a lot tougher/more interesting than the back. I was hoping it would play more along the bluffs but it kind of stays away from them. Definetely a worthy stop if you are in the area.
very scenic and challenging course with the exception of a couple holes. maybe bring a few extra discs.
Decent course in a lovely park. Well-maintained. Didn't think the back 9 was very interesting, though.
Played foursome w/ wife, sis & bro in law while visiting the area, everyone loved this place. Gorgeous park & setting, just a terrific course & I'd agree, one of Illinois' best.
This course rocks! Well worth the drive if you are looking for one of Illinois best. Big thanks to Terry Batten and friends along with Sterling Park District for such a beautiful course.
Courses Close By
- Nims Park, Rock Falls IL USNo votes yet
- Joshua Park, Rock Falls IL USNo votes yet
- Kelly Park, Morrison IL US(1 vote)
- Walnut Disc Golf Course, Walnut IL USNo votes yet
- Millcreek Park, Fulton IL US(2 votes)
- Point Rock Park, Mount Carroll IL USNo votes yet
- Eagle Point Disc Golf, Clinton IA US(3 votes)
- Skare Park, Rochelle IL USNo votes yet
- Bureau County Metro Center, Princeton IL US(2 votes)
- Old Mill Park, Savanna IL USNo votes yet