Hands down the most popular course in the area. Tons of trees but you can throw under par on all holes, though i'm happy to just par #6.
Pros: 2 concrete tee pads for each hole, excellent layout, easy to meet lots of other friendly players.
Cons: can get really muddy, and can also be SUPER crowded, even on weekdays.
Had a blast today. Too bad we only got to play 11 holes because of time restraints. Dang job.
Loved the driving range and putting range. Lost and found is a great touch. Pretty busy for a monday around 11am.
Played end of October, 2010. Very nice course with well defined fairways. Good shade, nice variety of hole lengths. Bring your accuracy and distance. No elevation changes unless you end up in one of the few larger sinkholes.
Beautiful, challenging course, with sinkholes so deep one actually has a staircase. It was my first course, but I've now played in 8 states and have only seen one course that compares favorably to The Sinks. It can get crowded. The only other minor gripe is maintenance of the parking lot; the course itself is very well maintained.
As KT said, best course in Chattanooga by far.
This course is hard. The gap between beginning rec players and intermediate rec players virtually disappears on this course because EVERYONE hits trees. I'm sure the gap between those two groups and the advanced players is ridiculous, though.
Very technical course and quite a few tough shots with trees in the middle of the fairways. This is the busiest course in Chattanooga. It's usually busy in the afternoon hours which means slow-going. This course also has it's share of good players that frequent it's tee pads.
If it's been raining (any type of precipitation, really) then be careful of mud and also the sink holes will get filled up with water, so be mindful of losing discs.
In other news, two teepads on every hole. The course is VERY well maintained as it's the main source of disc golfing in Chatt-town.
Best course in Chattanooga by far. Course is well maintained and very challenging. Whole course is in woods, with only a handful "open" shots. CFDC does a great job of maintaining this. Well worth the trip for outta-towners.
Nice course worth checking out if in the area. The course is mainly wooded and most (but not all) fairways are actually fair. The sink holes are a cool natural feature.
Courses Close By
- Carver Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(1 vote)
- Portland Park Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(2 votes)
- 9 On Top at the Pumpkin Patch, Signal Mountain TN USNo votes yet
- Chambliss Children's Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN USNo votes yet
- Shepherd Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(7 votes)
- Camp Jordan Disc Golf Course, East Ridge TN US(2 votes)
- Jack Mattox Recreation Complex, Ringgold GA US(6 votes)
- Southern Adventist University DCG, Collegedale TN US(3 votes)
- Johnston Woods Retreat, McDonald TN USNo votes yet
- Cloudland Canyon State Park, Rising Fawn GA US(6 votes)