Shepherd Rec Center Disc Golf Course
I love this course. It is wooded with a bit of elevation. 1 person can finish in 30 minutes. Never crowded. This course is a hidden gem.
Decent course in the woods. Not maintained the best. A good course to practice your mid-range shots.
Not a bad course all in all. Some of the signs put the basket in the wrong place but once you have played it once you get the hang of it. A few challenging holes but all in all a fun course to play.
First time playing this one, second time playing at all. Very challenging, but very fun. Easy to follow course, signs at all tees. Tees are concrete. I did some scouting to locate the baskets if I couldn't see from tee. No traffic at all, played right through.
Challenging, well-designed nine-hole course. Gets less traffic than it deserves. Could use better signage.
Good course. I think all the holes are under 300'. I've played this course about 15 times in the last 2 weeks. It's always empty so I can get in there and play 9x2=18 holes after work in about 45-55 minutes.
Concrete Tee Pads. Signage with distance, but NOT a hole layout. Some of the tee shots are blind so you have to walk up and find where the basket is if you don't know the course. The signs do give you directions like "Hyzer" or "Anhyzer" & "Mando Right" and such, but the mandos aren't clearly marked. I'm only assuming the mandos are the trees that have the orange ties around them... of course, not all the holes that say "mando" have a tree with a tie around it... No sign on hole #5.
Anyhoo, nice little course that not many people know about. It's a great place to practice. I usually have time to play the whole course throwing 2 or 3 discs off of every tee. In fact, I'll be there today at 5:15ish barring any work issues.
Also, I don't think this course deserves a 4... especially if the sinks is only a 4.5.
Lastly, I don't think you HAVE to sign in at the rec center like the course description says. I never have.
Great wooded course, plenty of hyzers and anyzers needed. Relatively short course, but the trees makes you forget that. Another great course from the CFDC. Course does not get much traffic, but that is fine with me, its a hidden gem. Just wish it was 18.
Courses Close By
- East Brainerd Church of Christ, Chattanooga TN US(1 vote)
- Camp Jordan Disc Golf Course, East Ridge TN US(2 votes)
- Chambliss Children's Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN USNo votes yet
- Carver Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(1 vote)
- The Sinks, Chattanooga TN US(8 votes)
- Sticky Pines Disc Golf Course, Ooltewah TN USNo votes yet
- Jack Mattox Recreation Complex, Ringgold GA US(6 votes)
- Southern Adventist University DCG, Collegedale TN US(3 votes)
- Portland Park Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(2 votes)
- 9 On Top at the Pumpkin Patch, Signal Mountain TN USNo votes yet