Shaver Recreation Center
After playing Sertoma in Walhalla around 10 AM, I still felt like getting my disc golf on so I took a short drive to Seneca with the family and decided to finally play Shaver Field. I have to say that the scenery is amazing and the 18 hole course is put together beautifully. I found myself able to par most holes, birdieing 3 and bogeying none. I will visit this course again, but Sertoma is still my little home away from home. ***They have added a 9 hole mini-course that goes around the ball fields, but there are no tees or markers as of 7/11/12***
Course wooded with narrow fairways, many right dogs. Degree of difficulty pretty high making it very enjoyable. Certainly not "average". Getting off in the woods can make for some interesting play. Course appears well kept as it heavily played. Been there twice myself and looking forward to return. Really liked this course. The layout of this course is very nice. All holes well marked, directionals to each hole and tee-pads close to previous holes. Well-designed course for sure. Worth the trip from wherever you are in the south. Also many courses nearby to visit as well.
This is my home course and i think it is great. The fair ways are tight but fair. If you are not looking to play a precision game of golf i suggest you play else where. 6 new holes have been added around the ball fields. Once we have completed these additions we will submit updates to the course page.
Good course. Lots of different shots to make. Get off the fairwasy and you're looking for strokes.
Courses Close By
- University Beach, Clemson SC US
- Mountain View Park Disc Golf Course, Clemson SC US
- Clemson U. Outdoor Lab, Pendleton SC US
- Sertoma Field, Walhalla SC US
- Grand Central Station, Central SC US
- Tamassee DAR School, Tamassee SC US
- City Beach Disc Golf Course at Darwin Wright Park, Anderson SC US
- Chattooga Belle Farm, Long Creek SC US
- The Trails Disc Golf Course, Anderson SC US
- Stephens County/Rose Lane Disc Golf Course, Toccoa GA US