Sandy Dunes Disc Golf
The Sandy Dunes gives a neat, up close look at the "sand dunes" that surround Eddyville. This is a decent course but there are a few problems. First off, there is currently (4/26/2010) a huge tree uprooted and blocking the 5th hole. As it is that hole is unplayable. The other thing to be aware of, this course is TERRIBLY muddy after a hard rain. The forest part of the course is where this is most noticeable. It is basically mud trails (needs more mulch) and huge mud puddles/swampy areas.
I do especially like hole number 9. It has an elevation drop about a third of the way to the basket, which makes for some fun "epic" drives. There is also a hole (forgot the number) where you must go around a big tree (or through a 3 ft "window", which presents a fun challenge.
All in all, I think this is good, but has the potential to be a lot better course if some maintenance is done, such as removing the large downed tree, and using more mulch on the forest paths.
Courses Close By
- Edmundson Park, Oskaloosa IA USNo votes yet
- Albia City Park, Albia IA USNo votes yet
- Wildwood Park, Ottumwa IA USNo votes yet
- Memorial Park, Ottumwa IA USNo votes yet
- Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa IA US(1 vote)
- Pioneer Ridge, Bloomfield IA USNo votes yet
- Central College Disc Golf Course, Pella IA US(1 vote)
- Chippewa Creek Disc Golf Course, Eldon IA USNo votes yet
- Roberts Creek County Park, Otley IA USNo votes yet
- Lake Fisher Disc Golf Course, Bloomfield IA USNo votes yet