Ross's Run at Petersham Country Club
This is a new course with great potential. The owners state that they are aware of the pricker problem. You need to wear protective clothing if you are allergic to poison ivy, there is a ton of it starting at the hole 2 basket area and mixed in with the other scrub brush along the front nine. The tee's are very good with footage and basket markers. Not a good beginner course because if you make a poor shot, it is very easy to lose your disc in the prickers and scrub.
Pros - friendly staff, some nice bomber holes, tees
Cons- poison ivy, prickers, scrub brush
Since we just opened up in April of 2012 and I was part of the design group. I think that Ross's Run is an interesting and unique experience for both the ball golfer and the disc golfer. In this first year we are listening to all the comments from the disc golfers on how we can become a top notch facility.
We know that we have to continue to work on clearing more of the pricker (we grow them well) and some of the stumps, but time will help. The beauty is that we have ample room to grow and could ultimately host large events.
Do not be afraid that you are interrupting the ball golfers, we are a very quiet course when it comes to the amount of play that we get and the only time that I restrict the disc golfers is Sunday's before 1pm. other than that the tee is open.
The course is technical on the front side and we use more of the golf course on the back nine. The Bombers will love the 11th tee and we have had great reviews on holes #5,7,15 and 18.
Come up and check us out. It makes for a great day to play three courses in a ten mile radius Ross's Run, Tully and Flatrock
Courses Close By
- Flat Rock Disc Golf, Athol MA US(2 votes)
- Tully Lake Disc Golf Course, Royalston MA US(1 vote)
- Barre Falls, Barre MA US(1 vote)
- Goodnow Park, Princeton MA US(1 vote)
- Orchard Hill Disc Golf at UMass Amherst, Amherst MA USNo votes yet
- Coggshall Park, Fitchburg MA USNo votes yet
- Luther Hill Park, Spencer MA USNo votes yet
- Maple Hill, Leicester MA US(4 votes)
- Pyramids, Leicester MA US(1 vote)
- Newton Hill, Worcester MA US(2 votes)