Roane County Disc Golf
My home course. H.b. Clark design. 18 holes in a rolling wooded park setting.
Pros: Nice signage and teepads. No 2 holes are alike at all. Tests all skill levels to have well placed shots on nearly every hole. Perfect mix of anhyzer and hyzer shots off the tees. Beautiful setting and layout.
Cons: 1st tee is a long shot across water which can be a problem for a cold arm. 4,5,7,8,9,10,11 hold water during extensive rain.
Challenging and fun all around. Well worth the short drive off of I-40.
Well. This course may or may not exist. We couldn't find it.
It is a great course but some not par 4 but besides that it is a good course!
Amazing course!!! We live in Chattanooga and made the hour drive up to Harriman this weekend and we were VERY impressed. Some may say that it is short, but I really appreciate the skilled wooded courses as opposed the the "grip and rip" long open courses. We thought that it was well worth the drive and will revisit many times to come.
The lay out flowed very well and it was a good balance of straight, right hook and left hook shots. Really loved the tight drive windows on many holes. There were two holes (4 and 5) that I thought were too much of a 90 degree angle but still enjoeyed and pared them.
The course was very well marked and maintained and thought that it provided a very good challenge. I shot a 60 (par) and my fiance shot a 68. We both loved it and thought that it is up there as one of the best we have played.
I live about 40mins away from this course and I find myself making the trip weekly to play this course. In light of this park offering activities for my family, it is well worth the trip to just play the course. The course offers a mix of wooded and open holes and they have installed 9 more holes which takes the difficulty up a notch. Worth the trip and time to play this course. One thing to note is that the back 9 do not have signs yet so it is tough to navigate right now. Something that will be very helpful for those who go play this course is that holes 12-14 are on the other side of the road along the lake. See you out there!
Courses Close By
- The Fort at Southwest Point Park, Kingston TN USNo votes yet
- John Knox Center Disc Golf Course, Ten Mile TN USNo votes yet
- Whitestone Country Inn Disc Golf, Kingston TN US(1 vote)
- Loudon Municipal Park, Loudon TN US(3 votes)
- Central United Methodist Church, Lenoir City TN USNo votes yet
- Groves Park, Oak Ridge TN US(3 votes)
- Secret City Disc Golf at Carl Yearwood Park, Oak Ridge TN US(2 votes)
- Hiwassee College, Madisonville TN USNo votes yet
- Decatur City Park, Decatur TN USNo votes yet
- Admiral Farragut Park, Knoxville TN US(2 votes)