Great course that differs from most in central TX because it's mostly shaded. Some really fun holes placed around large rock formations. Beautiful San Gabriel River runs alongside the majority of the course but never really comes into play until ~#14. Top 5 in the region for me.
I went yetserday and found a big sign saying the course had been tenpoararily made 9-holes with a big map showing the holes. After going down the path I found a cluster of baskets on the left and eventually found #1 which was not where the big map had shown. After playing #1 the course went totally naturaly, still nothing like the big map, so i found my way along basically working aliong the path. The only tricky spots are 6-7 which goes as described below, and 14-15 which I found by following some spray painted limbs and ground. I couldnt find 18 so maybe its gone but the holes i did play were more than worth it.
+) Very cool scenery with river and limestone, very secluded- playing around noon on wed. I was the only one there, fun holes trhough the trees but not too tight
-) Construction makes access tricky and is noisy and is probably the cause for the big misleading sign but it didnt impact my game too much, missing or hidden #18
Technical challenge. Will be better when the construction is done. Bring the map to navigate the course.
Beautiful course, one of my favorites in Central Texas. Starts and finishes near a picnic ground and restrooms. Well shaded drives for the most part, and it parallels the San Gabriel River. Rocky bluffs, waterfalls, a few water hazards, and some cactus (it's Texas).
The holes need to be re-numbered, because the numbers are OFF. Also, there are no maps, so you'll need someone to show you where to go after the 6th hole (essentially, you walk along the paved path under the bridge, then up the hill to the next tee-off which is down a sidewalk before re-entering the trees).
There are trash cans. I don't think there are rules against beer. Enjoy!
Courses Close By
- San Gabriel Park, Georgetown TX US(1 vote)
- First Baptist Church Georgetown, Georgetown TX USNo votes yet
- Pinnacle Park Disc Golf Course, Georgetown TX USNo votes yet
- Williamson County Disc Golf Course, Leander TX US(1 vote)
- Old Settlers' Park, Round Rock TX US(2 votes)
- Old Settlers' Park - South, Round Rock TX USNo votes yet
- Brushy Creek Disc Golf Course , Round Rock TX US(1 vote)
- Success High School, Round Rock TX USNo votes yet
- Cedar Valley Middle School, Round Rock TX USNo votes yet
- Brushy Creek Sports Park Disc Golf Course, Cedar Park TX USNo votes yet