Riverside Disc Golf Park
Just went here today. There is no map of the entire course and about half the holes don't have a map at them to show you what basket you're aiming towards. A basket was completely destroyed and unplayable. Won't be returning unless the extremely tall grass gets mowed and all the maps and baskets get restored.
On the upside, there is a really nice BMX track there if you or your family is into that type of stuff.
This course is much better now. There are no maps still, but the course is marked very well now.
Hole 1 is located at the far end of the parking lot. It tees off giving you only a few select options to choose from.
The course is big but not too big. It provides each round with tons of different hole types. Giving you a few long bomb shots as well as a few places to test air-bounces and cut shots. Many of the holes almost require you to have a forehand shot (Right-Handers) or a strong "bendy" shot.
All in all, Riverside (Sumner) is a very enjoyable course with variable difficulty. Watch out for 14-17 though. It can REALLY turn your day around.
Poorly marked and poorly maintained, don't try it unless you're with someone who already knows the course.
Or more accurately, the four courses laid over each other.
We were lucky enough to run into a group familiar with the course as we were starting on the wrong set, but we still got lost after three holes on the "best marked course."
And there is absolutely no reason to try this course until the baskets come back. Apparently, a theft on July 30th, 2010, inspired the course maintainers to pull them all. We visited on 08/07/10, and were highly disappointed.
This course looks like it could have potential, or be enjoyable for those who already know it, but if you're reading this review, I have to assume that, like me, you don't, and are looking for a new course.
Try Auburn/White River, a little over five miles away.
And finally, I'd love to try this course again. When the baskets are back and there's a course map in the shelter.
Courses Close By
- White River, Auburn WA US(4 votes)
- Farmers Park, Enumclaw WA USNo votes yet
- Roosevelt Park Disc Golf Course, Tacoma WA USNo votes yet
- Lake Fenwick Disc Golf Course, Kent WA US(4 votes)
- McChord Field Air Force Base, Tacoma WA USNo votes yet
- Ambient Disc Golf Course, Lakewood WA USNo votes yet
- Fort Steilacoom S.E. Disc Golf Course, Lakewood WA US(3 votes)
- Fort Steilacoom - Ray's Nine, Steilacoom WA US(1 vote)
- Fort Steilacoom N.W. Disc Golf Course, Lakewood WA US(3 votes)
- Burton Adventure Disc Golf Course, Vashon Island WA USNo votes yet