Really nice park along the Colorado River. Great hole placement, with large trees in play but very little underbrush. Prepare to walk through sand and pick stickers out your socks and shoes. Definitely a fun course worth the drive from Austin.
We are redesigning #5, #6 and #7 to take advantage of the area along the Colorado River: ETA April 2010. Holes will be much longer - should add some dimension and go a bit beyond a pitch and putt. Park is run by the City of Smithville. Call the Rec Center for camping info: 512-237-4517. Check their Web site for fees: www.ci.smithville.tx.us/PARD.aspx
Adding a map to Course Directory: Feb. 2010.
Update: April, 20, 2012 - The new Smithville Disc Golf Association and the Smithville Parks Department are currently fundraising to expand the course through the tall pecans, sycamores and oaks along the Colorado River. Join us in playing the course and in working to make it one of the best in eastern central Texas. See the website at http://smithvillediscgolf.org/ of on Facebook at http://facebook.com/smithvillediscgolf.
Fun pitch and putt along the Colorado River between Austin and LaGrange with huge Cottonwoods, Pecans and oaks in play. No underbrush or cedars and nice layout. Camping is available and there's also a playground and fishing dock. The park is owned by the LCRA and free to play so I would contact them about camping since there's no staff on site. There's yellow posts at each teebox with the number on top. Each basket's also numbered. It was a nine hole but a large tree smashed the #6 basket so I played #7's basket twice. From the #6 box 7's baskets around 370'. Good Ace Race course.
Courses Close By
- Moody's, Red Rock TX USNo votes yet
- Fayette County Fairgrounds, La Grange TX USNo votes yet
- Lost Pines Resort, Lost Pines TX USNo votes yet
- Sand Hill, Whizzerville TX USNo votes yet
- Thomas Memorial Park Disc Golf Course, Elgin TX US(1 vote)
- East Metro Park, Manor TX US(2 votes)
- Snow Farm, Burton TX USNo votes yet
- Lockhart City Park, Lockhart TX USNo votes yet
- MetCenter Disc Golf Course, Austin TX USNo votes yet
- Roy G. Guerrero, Austin TX USNo votes yet