Pueblo City Park
First played this course 7 years ago when I first started playing. Loved it then. Had a chance to play again this weekend with my son, who is getting ready for State over Labor Day here. Loved it even more this time! In my opinion, this course and the one in Fort Morgan are the best in the state. And, I have played a lot of them.
Got to play this course while traveling through the area (June 19, 2015). Nice dappled shade all around the course. lots of challenging shots with obstructions. We tossed from the back tee boxes which proved to put most of our tee shots at a distance where the trees come into play and knock 'em down, which made getting close enough on the second shot even more critical. Front 9 are all on grass and have almost no elevation change. Back 9 lots of trees also mostly on grass but has a creek bed that plays into many holes.
A great course that is part of a beautiful park. This course will challenge you in many ways with obstacles, surrounded baskets, length, and variety of layouts. The downsides with this park are the defacing of the signs, litter (due to lack of trash cans), and high traffic. This is still a wonderful course though due to being very well designed.
To me, now that the beetle kill ruined Frisco, this is now the top course in Colorado. It is extremely challenging and long, so play the amateur tee boxes and get sometimes up to a 100 foot head start. It plays thru a big park and has lots of fun holes and trees. Even long throwers will find this course difficult.
Courses Close By
- CSU Pueblo, Pueblo CO USNo votes yet
- Civic Center Disc Golf Course, West Pueblo CO USNo votes yet
- Cumberland Green, Fountain CO US(1 vote)
- Widefield Park, Colorado Springs CO US(4 votes)
- Fort Carson Outdoor Recreation, Fort Carson CO US(1 vote)
- Harrison School Disc Golf Course, Canon City CO USNo votes yet
- Skyline/PCC, Canon City CO US(1 vote)
- The Aviary Disc Golf Course, Colorado Springs CO US(1 vote)
- Sand Creek Disc Golf Course, Colorado Springs CO USNo votes yet
- Holmes Middle School, Colorado Springs CO USNo votes yet