Pinto Lake Disc Golf Course
I like this course. It was the first course I played on. The bottom 9 are fun and have a good spread of trees to make it interesting. As said in the recent comments BEWARE OF POSION OAK. The recently added top 9 are unimaginative and a hike from the rest of the course. 9 baskets placed in a wide open field. The 11th is 1288ft. Good if you want to practice driving or that new disc.
Lots of OB; most of which is poison oak. Lots of trees/shrubs and some buildings and water as hazzards. Vary likely to loose a disk, but also likely to find someone else's disk while looking for your own - if you dare to enter the poison oak. Very beautiful course, interesting design. PDGA lists as 18 hole, we could only find 9. Certainly not a course for first timers, beginners to pros will find this course fun, but first- timers might find this too challenging and therefore loose interest in disc golfing. I will definately return, after a bit of practice.
Original 9 are happening (tight with trouble). Added holes (5 -13) lack diversity. Poison Oak can get you when you ding off the trees into the rough. Great scenery - good variety (I like both tight and long...). Probably a 3.5 (not a 5 - but few courses are).
I give this 5 links because of the challenging play at pinto. Great views and trails, with many o.b.s and places to get lost this place will teach you to keep a disc in the middle of the fairway.
Courses Close By
- Red Hawk Ridge, Rancho Corralitos CA USNo votes yet
- Aptos High School Disc Golf Course, Aptos CA US(5 votes)
- DeLaveaga Park Disc Golf Course, Santa Cruz CA US(13 votes)
- DeLaveaga Golf Course, Santa Cruz CA USNo votes yet
- Bridge to Bridge, Santa Cruz CA USNo votes yet
- Scotts Valley High School Circuit, Scotts Valley CA USNo votes yet
- U.C. Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz CA US(1 vote)
- Black Mouse Disc Golf Course, Felton CA US(3 votes)
- Los Arboles Middle School Disc Golf Course, Marina CA USNo votes yet
- The Stadium Course at Natividad Creek Park, Salinas CA US(2 votes)